Shifting to another city is a tedious task and we understand that. That’s why here we are with a shifting guide to help you know what all one is required to keep in mind while shifting from one city to another.
Take Enough Time For Shifting
Finding the right moving and packing company, discarding stuff, placing orders—the list goes on and on. There are a lot of things that need to be done during the shifting process, and all of that takes time. Make a checklist a month in advance for tasks that need to be done before the day you leave your place. This way, you’ll be able to plan things properly, which will reduce any last-minute hassle or stress.
Find the Right Moving Partner
Find the right vendor for packing and moving your stuff. Getting the right moving and packing company will reduce half of your tension, as professional moving companies have a lot of experience in shifting and can help you sort out your queries or confusions, especially if you’re shifting for the first time.
Below are a few things that should be kept in mind while hiring a packaging and moving company:
- A company should be registered.
- should have been in business for at least 4-5 years.
- should have a presence online.
- should have an above-average rating online.
- Try to talk to any of their past customers to understand their experience with the company.
Moreover, if you’re looking for the best packers and movers in Patna, then you should definitely check Jay Packers and Movers. They are one of the experienced companies and have helped a lot of people shift from Patna.
Segregate Your Stuff
You’ll have a lot of things that need to be carried to your new place, but not everything should be or can be given to your moving company to transport. Items like jewellery, important documents, etc. should be carried only by you. If you even want to transport fragile things like a mirror or vase, pack and carry them separately as they need extra attention. On the basis of your moving company’s service, you might also need to arrange transport for your vehicles. Segregating your stuff after discussion with your moving company should be done a few weeks earlier to avoid any damages later on.
After segregating the next step is the packaging items that need to be transported. Packaging is something that ideally should be taken care of by a moving and packaging company. In case, if you are packing some items by yourself then the following are a few things that need to be followed:
- Bring together boxes of different sizes to pack items of different sizes and shapes. Also gather things like tape, scissors, ropes etc which will be helpful at the time of packing.
- Items need to be packed with shock absorbents like bubble wrap or thermocol to avoid any damage during transport.
- Old blankets or clothes for covering furniture.
- Stickers can be pasted on boxes and detail can be written on them. It will help you at the time unpackaging your stuff.
- When packing your stuff inside a box, place heavy items first and light items above them. This way your light items will not be compromised.
- While packing up things inside a box, make sure you don’t overweight it as it can lead to tearing or breakage of boxes during the shifting process. A box should be easily picked by a person.
- Seal and label boxes with good-quality material after you’re done packaging. Packed items won’t come out of the box because of sealing and therefore will make the loading and unloading easier.
- Help of a professional should be taken when you’re packaging appliances or bulky electronic items because any small mistake or carelessness can end up costing a lot.
- Packing and unpacking are a lengthy processes. To make your life easier, pack essential things at the end when leaving your place and do the unpacking of essential things first when you’re shifting into your place.
Reduce Cost Without Risk
If you have a lot of time to plan your shifting, you are on a tight budget and you are not shifting for the first time as well, then below are some things that you should consider doing to save up your money.
- You can pack your items yourself rather than hiring someone for them. Old cardboard boxes, blankets, and used bubble wrap from your nearest store etc can be used as well to save up some cost.
- Think of things that will be of no use in a few weeks or months. Discard things that are not used for more than a year. This way will be able to reduce the stuff that needs to be transported.
- Look for people in your network who are already living in the city where you are going to shift. They might be able to help you in ways that will reduce your shifting cost.
- Sell those things which will not be in use after you shift to your new place. For example, if you’re shifting from Delhi to Bengaluru then you might no longer need your air conditioner because of the weather difference.
Presence On Move in and Move out days
Be present at the place that you’re leaving when your moving company will be picking up stuff from your house and also be present at the place that you’re shifting to before people of your moving company arrive there. This way you’ll be to monitor that things are being loaded and unloaded with caution to avoid any kind of damage. In case if you’re planning to move in or out of Patna, do consider Jay Packers and Movers as they are one of the best packers and movers in Patna.
Shifting is a tedious process and can be confusing if you’re doing it for the first time. We recommend taking help from your network, family, or a professional to make this easier for you, and you can live your usual routine while shifting goes on.